Dan Ohtan Wang
Associate Professor, Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences (iCeMS)
iCeMS Complex 2, Kyoto University
Kyoto, 606-8501, Japan
- 1994-1998 Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, B.S. Bioengineering
- 1998-2000 Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, M.A. Biosciences
- 2000-2002 The Cellular and Molecular Biology graduate program, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
- 2002-2004 University of Southern California, Ph.D. Neuroscience
- 2005 summer Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory course on Biology of Memory
- 2007 summer Brain Science Institute, RIKEN summer course on Brain science: Mystery and Mission, Japan
- 2016-present Associate professor (Principal Investigator). Institute for integrated Cell-Material Sciences, Kyoto University. An interactive transcriptome in experience-dependent neuronal plasticity.
- 2015-present Fellow researcher at the Keihanshin Consortium for Fostering the Next Generation of Global Leaders in Research (K-CONNEX)
- 2014-2016 Team Leader. Impulsing Paradigm Change Through Disruptive Techonologies Program (ImPACT). Development of single-cell fluorescent nucleic acid labeling techniques in cancer and Euglena gracilis.
- 2012-2015 Kyoto Fellow (PI, Assistant Professor), iCeMS, Kyoto University. “Visualizing RNA regulation in learning neuronal circuits”
- 2011-2012 Assistant Professor, iCeMS, Kyoto University. “Visual gene analysis in functional neuronal circuits”
- 2010-2011 JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Dr. Akimitsu Okamoto, Advanced Science Institute, RIKEN. “Adapting exciton-controlled hybridization-sensitive fluorescent probes to visual gene analysis in living neurons”
- 2005-2010 Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Dr. Kelsey C. Martin, Dept. Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California-Los Angeles. “Molecular and cell biological mechanisms of synapse-specific long-term neuronal plasticity: mRNA localization and local translation”
- Ootomotaro Scholarship, Japan (1994-1996).
- Oharashiraume Scholarship, Japan (1994-2000).
- Phi Beta Kappa Alumni in Southern California International Students Award (2004).
- Travel award to RIKEN BSI summer course (2007).
- Nomination for Chancellor’s Award at UCLA (2008).
- 7th Annual Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroscience Lecturer, Brain Research Institute at UCLA (2009).
- Research Excellent Award, Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA (2010).
- The Parvin Foundation Postdoctoral Award (2010)., Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) postdoctoral fellowship (2010-2011).
- Tomizawa Award for Young Scientists, Japan (2012)